Monday, June 3, 2013

Baby Room Pictures

So if you know me, you know I'm frugal. Frugal is the nice way of saying I don't like to spend money. When we first started thinking about what we wanted in the nugget's room, I did some searching online and found way too many ideas out there. It was information overload. Also, it looked like it would cost a fortune. Since I tend to be simple and frugal, I wasn't sure how it was going to come together.

Enter a box of old stuff from my parents. Things like junior high and high school yearbooks. Every single card I received for high school graduation. All of the medals I received for high school sports. My baby book. Letters inviting my parents to awards nights. Things like that. Most of those things got tossed or recycled (don't worry I kept some of them), but in this box I also found a Winnie the Pooh calendar from the year I was born in pristine condition.
How cute is this calendar?!
There were lovely drawings for each month and I had an inspiration. I have some extra picture frames I got on the cheap and I have some great calendar pages that my mom had purchased years ago. Boom, art for the walls in the nugget's room.

So I grabbed the picture frames that were the silvery finish I didn't really like and an old can of spray paint from the basement and set to work.

Silvery finish that I didn't really like.

Frames laid out and ready to meet the spray paint.

Frames with a coat of off white paint.

New frames that work in nugget's room!
After the frames dried, Drew and I selected 6 of the calendar pages and I trimmed them down to fit into the frames. Again I say, Boom, art for the walls in the nugget's room.

Six new things to hang on the walls. The cuteness is almost too much.
The frames aren't perfect, but I really like how they turned out.
Now we just have to get everything arranged in there and hang these pictures on the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment