Here's where nugget will (hopefully!) sleep peacefully. (Also, apologies for the poor photo quality. In between getting ready for nugget and going about life, phone pictures are just about all I can handle right now!)
 |
| The crib that we hope will be calming and sleep inducing for the little one. I painted the canvas on the left and the wood frame on the right was something I got from Michael's for less than $3. I painted it yellow to match the room. |
I waited out an online sale for the
rug on the floor. I'm glad I did as we got it for 80% off the regular price plus free shipping!
 |
| The rug. Sales are awesome! |
I was a little concerned that it looked bluer than the online pictures, but it looks really good with the wall color and the wood floors.
 |
| One of the dressers I refinished on the left, a blanket rack that used to belong to my Oma and Opa, and the rocker my folks got me after grad school. (I'm pretty sure my mom bought it with the hope that it would be in a nursery someday.) My mom made the quilt on the rack and crocheted the blanked behind it. She's awesome! |
 |
| The second dresser I refinished. We used a Rustoleum product and changed out the hardware so the two units would match and fit better in the room. Plus, they were kind of beat up and this just gave them a fresh look. |
We refinished two old dressers and used another from Drew's grandmother to give us plenty of storage in the room. The framed pictures were
homemade items using things I already had around the house. I love how they fit in the room. I painted some canvases to add some additional art to the walls. Nothing fancy here, just space holders.
 |
| A dresser from Drew's grandma. |
 |
| Drew installed a new fan to better match the room. It also has a smaller profile so he doesn't hit his head on the light fixture. We grabbed curtains from Target so we can block out a more light than we could with the blinds alone. |
We installed the car seat base last weekend so I think we're as ready as we're going to be for this little nugget to arrive. As soon as I pack my bag for the hospital!
No comments:
Post a Comment