Thursday, April 25, 2013

More Wall Hangings in the Basement

After the push of getting the basement finished and painting my own wall art, things really died down on that front and we haven't done a single thing. Well, that's not true. We hosted friends to watch Husker games in our new basement, we had two of our nieces come for a sleepover in our new basement, and we just spent time enjoying our new basement. We just didn't do any additional decorating or arranging down there. Until now.

Every once in a while I get an email offer for 2 free 8 x 10 prints from one of the online photo sites and I always take advantage. We have some great pictures from our honeymoon and our trip to Europe and I've been selecting some of them for these larger prints. Once I pay shipping, it's usually a little over $1 for each print and I've been keeping them until I get enough to actually do something with. That day has come!

I found some incredibly cheap frames online at the dollar store. They are plastic and the case came with 24 frames, 6 of which are a silvery color I have no use for at the moment. Once shipping was added, they were about $1.50 each and I really couldn't beat that deal. So I framed the pictures and I decided to hang them on one of the walls in the basement.
This was the general orientation I came up with, laid out on the table.
Some people have a super involved process of measuring things and getting the placement just right and then tracing on a piece of paper and transferring it to the wall. Me, I just laid them out in the general orientation I wanted and then moved them to the wall. It worked for me.

Pictures on the wall! And, unless you get right up to them, you can't tell that the frames are plastic.
And the best part, I can change out pictures as needed and there's still room to add a few more framed shots on the wall if I decide to, provided I get some more coupon codes!

Photo Locations: Top row, left to right: A bicycle in the lake as a swan swims by in Lucerne, Switzerland; The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France; Yellowstone National Park. Middle row, left to right: Yellowstone National Park; The Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France, A flower at the botanical gardens in Montreal, Canada. Bottom row: The back view of the home from The Sound Of Music in Salzburg, Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment