Here are just some recent snapshots of my town. I really do enjoy living here, but that wasn't always the case. I went to high school and college here and really felt the urge to get away. So I did. For 6 years. And then I came back with a new appreciation for my hometown.
 |
| There is a beautiful park in the middle of town that is maintained with the help of volunteer efforts. It's simply amazing. Also, seeing it all blooming like this gets me super excited for spring! |
 |
| Lily pads in the park. |
 |
| A shot of the pavilion in the park. |
 |
| There is a great organization called Jacob's Well making a huge difference in an impoverished neighborhood downtown. We are privileged to work with many of the most loving, caring, and selfless people we've ever met. Here Drew is helping some of the kids climb an inflatable obstacle course at a block party last summer. |
 |
| Football in this town is amazing. Seriously. You can't grow up here and not become a fan. We enjoy all things Husker around here. This is a picture from the Wisconsin game in 2012 after we scored our first points. |
 |
| We've got great friends all over town and fun things to do. Here's a backyard fire pit from last fall. |
No comments:
Post a Comment