![]() |
| Chili! |
This time of year is perfect soup weather and we are taking full advantage. We’re making chili, taco soup, tomato soup, fiesta soup, Thai soup, new recipes, old recipes, made up recipes; you name it, we’re making it. And our hero of the season has been the crock-pot. It makes them like a champ over and over again, but this isn’t about the crock-pot, it’s about the soups.
![]() |
| Thai Chicken Soup |
I’m not sure what happened when I was younger, but I developed a strong aversion to soups. Mom, don’t get upset, this in no way reflects upon you as a cook or a mother. You are phenomenal at both and I love you dearly! I think it was because we had the same soups on a regular basis and I just got sick of them. All of them. As a result, I didn’t eat soup or make soup and I was fine with that. I inched my way back into the soup world a few years ago with a chicken tortilla soup that was quick, easy, and very flavorful. Then I branched out to another Mexican-type soup and things progressed to full on soup love. So, even though it is stinking cold outside and the thermometer says “1F,” enjoying a nice bowl of soup makes it easier to handle somehow. And that is a huge accomplishment for winters in Nebraska.
![]() |
| Creamy Tomato Soup |
These aren’t my pictures, in case you couldn’t tell… All pictures from Cook’s Illustrated.



No comments:
Post a Comment