So maybe I'm late to the party on this, but have you tried making taco seasoning rather than purchasing the stuff in the grocery store aisle? It's so easy, tastes fantastic, and is much cheaper. Also, when I make it at home, it doesn't have fun stuff like maltodextrin, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, and ethoxyquin. I initially found a recipe on allrecipes.com, but made some adjustments based on our tastes. Here's the recipe, try it for yourself and you'll never go back.
 |
| Yummy spices. |
Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
 |
| Mixing up the goodness. |
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. ground black pepper
 |
| Enjoy! |
Mix all ingredients together. Add mix and 2/3 cup water to one pound prepared meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment