Thursday, April 12, 2012

They Call It Puppy Love


When I was younger, my parents had a wiener dog named Murphy. She was a trip and I'm pretty sure my mom let us get her to help my brother and me get adjusted to a family move when I was in junior high (she had been decidedly anti-pets that lived outside of an aquarium before this point). Murphy was a black and tan wiener dog and she was with our family for 15 years.

Murphy helping me take a nap on a Thanksgiving break from grad school.
When I bought my own house, I knew I would eventually get my own little pup to keep me on my toes. Enter Kramer.

Kramer as a tiny puppy.
I have not had cable television of any sort for quite some time and Kramer has managed to supply my entertainment ever since I got her. Between viciously attacking her toys, hopping like a bunny in the backyard, chasing squirrels, and generally providing some of the cutest facial expressions around, I definitely don't miss cable.

Puppy Kramer chewing on a toy.
Enter my husband. As it says in my profile, when he married me he got a mostly silly, but sometimes cute, little wiener dog as part of the package. Despite some initial worries about having a dog in the house, Kramer has won him over and they get along splendidly. Or, rather, they did get along splendidly...

Last week, I was out at a meeting and Drew was home with Kramer. He fed her dinner and was taking a rest on the living room floor. Kramer finished her meal and charged in join him as she gets giddy whenever anyone gets on the floor since she interprets that as an invitation to play. She hopped up on his stomach, her tail wagging back and forth so hard, her whole body was wiggling. Drew started to pet her, and Kramer, in all the excitement decided to take that moment to throw up. Half eaten kibble all over his shirt!

The poor man. Seriously, how disgusting is that? I felt awful that she a) did that on his watch and b) did that ON HIS SHIRT. Drew rolled with it though and all is well. I think we can safely say that Kramer has won Drew over at this point. I think we can also say that Drew has exacted his revenge by posing Kramer in ridiculous poses, with props.

Kramer feels Drew's revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment